This series follows the birth of my book "I am the Great Horse" from the initial idea through its writing to publication and beyond. I hope you find it interesting, whether you're writing a book yourself or just curious to know what goes on behind publishing doors. I'm still amazed that my scribbled one-line idea grew into a novel that has touched the lives of so many people from across the world.
3. Getting into the horse's (rather big) head!
4. Beginning the book
7. The plot thickens
9. Editing - the author's view
10. Editing - the editor's view by Helen Wire
12. Illustrating maps by Brian Sanders
13. Greek translation by Anna Vasileiadi-Dardalis
14. Book trailer by Jaguar Jedi
15. Alexander and Bucephalus at the Gates of Paradise by Fairholme School
16. The ebook
17. The ten-part serial
18. The print-on-demand paperback.